CMC at New Music Dublin
New Music Dublin (NMD) takes place from 28 February to 3 March and features more than 15 premieres by Irish composers as well as installations and major Irish premieres.
As part of the festival, CMC is partnering with NMD to produce the international delegate programme NMDX, which aims to ensure maximum international exposure for Irish contemporary music. The programme is supported by Culture Ireland and will host a number of invited music presenters and broadcasters to experience the work of Irish composers and performers. A dedicated NMDX ‘hub’ will be open throughout the festival, creating a space where composers, presenters and performers can meet, make introductions, discuss and share their work, as well as take part in speed-networking sessions.
Delegates for NMDX include:
- Gretchen Amussen (independent consultant / former Director of External Affairs & International Relations, Paris Conservatoire)
- Christian Christiansen – Klang, Denmark
- Lawrence Cherney - Soundstreams, Canada
- Rainer Elstner – Zeit-ton & Musikprotocoll, ORF, Austria
- Alvaro Gallegos – Musicahora, Chile.
- Liam Herb – Other Minds, USA
- Graham McKenzie – Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, UK
- Kate Molleson – Hear & Now, BBC Radio 3, UK
- Kadri Soerenurk – Sound, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Sam Wilcock - Creative Manager (Orchestral), Music Sales Limited,
CMC and NMD will also host On the radar on 3 March. This interactive event hosted by NMD Artistic Director John Harris will discuss how composers and performers working in the field of contemporary music, can get ‘On the radar’ of commissioners, festivals, the airwaves, print media and others, and will include contributions from delegates on the NMDX programme.
More on the New Music Dublin here.