Judith and Holofernes
• The CMC web-shop contains CDs, books, printed scores, digital scores, and published scores, all available for purchase online.
• All orders (including orders for digital products) take between 5 and 10 business days to be processed.
• Not all scores listed for sale have parts. Should you require parts (including tape parts) for any of these scores, please email CMC Production Coordinator, Keith Fennell (email@example.com).
• Not all works listed under composer profiles have scores available for sale via the CMC web-shop. Scores for such works may be held in the CMC Library and / or they may be available for purchase elsewhere. Please email the CMC Library team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
• The majority of CMC Library holdings may be consulted in the CMC Library at 19 Fishamble Street, Dublin 8. For more information, and to book a visit, click here.
John Gibson’s chamber opera tells the Old Testament story of Judith, who led the Jewish nation against the mighty Assyrian army of Holofernes. It is performed by the Opera Group of Cork School of Music in a setting for four solo voices, chorus, narrator and chamber ensemble (including the composer as pianist). It was written to mark the 25th anniversary of Cork Peace Week and recorded live in April 2002.