amplify #4: Donnacha Dennehy's 'The Hunger', and remembering Colin Mawby
Episode 4 of CMC’s fortnightly podcast features interviews with Donnacha Dennehy, Iarla Ó Lionáird and Tom Creed on Dennehy’s recent opera, ‘The Hunger’, and former RTÉ producer and RTÉ lyric fm station head Seamus Crimmins on composer and choral conductor Colin Mawby, who died recently.
Subscribe to the Podcast here.
Production - Jonathan Grimes
Recording and editing - Keith Fennell
The feature on Donnacha Dennehy's The Hunger was devised and researched by Maynooth University music lecturer and researcher, Stephanie Ford.
Iarla Ó Lionáird
The Hunger - Abbey Theatre
- The Hunger: Black Potatoes, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Alarm Will Sound, conductor Alan Pierson - 00:02, 20:28, 23:23, 28:39
- The Hunger: I Feared He Would Die, Alarm Will Sound, conductor Alan Pierson - 06:17, 26:18
- Grá agus Bás, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Crash Ensemble, conductor Alan Pierson - 09:09, 12:38, 15:55
- Stainless Staining, Lisa Moore - 14:52
- Grá agus Bás, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Crash Ensemble, conductor Alan Pierson - 15:55
- The Hunger: I Have Seen and Handled the Black Bread, Katherine Manley, Alarm Will Sound, conductor Alan Pierson 17:20
- The Hunger: The Keening, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Katherine Manley, Alarm Will Sound, conductor Alan Pierson - 31:44