Artist Representation at CMC
From 1 November 2017, composers and creative music makers who wish to be represented by the Contemporary Music Centre should follow the procedure for making an application for Associate Representation.
The Contemporary Music Centre, Ireland offers various categories of representation to any eligible composer/music maker working in the area of contemporary art music (see scope below) at a professional level who was born or is permanently domiciled on the island of Ireland.
The Contemporary Music Centre supports a very wide range of composition:
- Notated composition
- Electroacoustic music
- Sound art & Radio Art
- Installation sound
- Multimedia, web and film music
- Educational music
Please note that CMC at present cannot support popular and rock music, especially of commercial importance, and folk and traditional music.
The key benefits of representation are the inclusion of artists’ works and associated materials in the CMC’s collection which, in the new online environment, encourages a focus not only on the work and the artist biography, but on the broader documentation of the context for the work. For composers working with notated music, CMC will make available scores for sale, and for all artists represented with the CMC, any recordings or other materials in digital formats can be made available on a commercial or non-commercial basis.
The Contemporary Music Centre offers representation in the following categories
- Associate Representation
- Full Representation
Please refer to the CMC Representation policy for an outline of all benefits and guidelines on the application process before completing the application form.
Submit your application for Associate Representation online here.
Notes for applicants
- Applicants must fulfil the eligibility requirements and criteria outlined in the CMC’s Representation Policy.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications must be submitted using the above online form - hard copy applications will no longer be accepted.
- Representation applications may be lodged with the CMC at any time throughout the year.
- Assessment of applications will take place twice each year.
- Applications submitted by Monday the 27th November 2017 will be assessed in December 2017 and candidates will be informed in early 2018.