NCH : Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award 2023
Deadline: 5 May 2023 17:00
Applications are now open for the Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award 2023, an award of €2,500 for the commission of a new work to be premiered at the NCH.
This award is for the commission of a new work, which will be premiered at the National Concert Hall, giving the young composer a platform to showcase their talent.
Check what you will need to apply for the competition -
- Entrants must be 30 years old or younger on 5th May 2023. They must be Irish or living in Ireland;
- Entrants must submit the scores of two existing original pieces, at least one of which must be for voice and piano – all names and identifying features must be removed from the scores before applying for the Award;
- Scores must be submitted in pdf format;
- An audio recording of the two submitted pieces is ideal but not essential;
- Judging will be anonymous; the composer’s name must be removed from the scores before submitting, if not the application will be disqualified;
- Previous winners of this competition are not eligible to enter;
- €2,500 will be awarded to the winning composer;
- Only one application per composer will be accepted;
- The judges’ decision is final and is not open to appeal;
- The winning composer will retain the copyright of the commissioned work;
- The submitted compositions must be the work of the original entrant.
- All entry material must be received by 5pm on Friday 5th May 2023.