The Alpine Fellowship Music Prize 2024
The Alpine Fellowship Music Prize 2024 - APPLICATIONS OPEN.
We are proud to award a £3,000 cash prize to the creator of a new piece that responds to our theme which in 2024 is ‘Language’.
MORE ABOUT OUR THEME
We will also invite the winners to attend and perform at our annual symposium and will offer up to £500 travel subsistence to help with travel. Meals and accommodation during the symposium are also covered.
- Applicants must be aged 18 and above.
- All application materials must be in English (music/songs can be in other languages, but application materials themselves should be in English)
- Applicants must be available and willing to travel to and perform their piece live at our 2024 symposium - venue and dates to be announced soon.
Guidance for Applicants
- This prize is aimed at those who both compose and can perform new music.
- This prize rewards the creation of a new piece of music that responds to our theme.
- The piece can be a written song or a piece of instrumental music and can be in any genre, style, or on any instrument.
- Pieces should be no more than 30 minutes in length, there is no minimum length required.
- The piece should be able to be performed live at our symposium and should be able to be performed by the winner of the prize.
- Applications from multiple writers/performers are allowed, however, prize money will be split between winners (for example, if you’re a writing team you can expect £1,500 each)
- Limited technical equipment or amplification is available at our venue, so an acoustic performance is preferred.
- A brief summary of your music experience or CV.
- A video of yourself performing your chosen piece (Don’t worry about production quality, we just want to get a sense of your abilities and style.)
- The lyrics/sheet music or any other written supporting information.
- A brief statement about how your piece responds to our theme.
- A brief statement about how your work will be performed at our symposium, including the number of musicians and any technical requirements.
Applications open: 1st January 2024
Applications close: 1st March 2024 at 23:59 (UK time)