CMC is seeking a Music Information Coordinator
CMC is seeking a Music Information Coordinator to commence in September/October 2023.
Reporting to the CMC Director, this position is full time for a fixed-term period of 12 months. Salary is available on request. The Music Information Coordinator will be required to work at the CMC’s base, 19 Fishamble Street, Dublin on at least three days per week, with the capacity for remote working for the remainder of the working week.
The Music Information Coordinator is a key position within CMC, and is responsible for the cataloguing, maintenance and development of CMC’s specialist collection of contemporary music from Ireland and provides support to composers represented by CMC, composers on the CMC emerging composers programme, and members of the public using the Centre's library.
Music Information Coordinator Duties
● Cataloguing, maintaining and developing the CMC’s unique collection of twentieth and twenty-first century art music from Ireland, including researching and inputting information into the library databases
● Providing support to and liaising with composers represented by CMC in relation to scores, recordings and materials related to their works
● Providing support and research assistance to performers, conductors, music organisations and other key client groups in relation to CMC’s collection
● Providing support and research assistance to members of the public both in person and through CMC’s online library and archive services
● Developing the collection by researching and acquisition of new materials, including scores, recordings, events, radio broadcasts, concert programmes, images, articles, theses, digital objects and ephemera
● Initiating and collaborating with CMC staff colleagues in the delivery of online features which promote CMC’s unique collection and increase engagement by a broader audience
● Assisting in the development of the CMC’s library and information systems, and CMC’s online library and information services
● Assisting in the management of the Centre's Sound Archive and digitisation services
● Assisting the Production Coordinator and Finance & Operations Coordinator in the provision of the centre’s score copying and production services
● Presenting publicly on CMC’s collection nationally and internationally
● Regular attendance at performances of works by CMC composers nationally and internationally
● Participating as required in the day-to-day work of the Centre
Selection Criteria for position of Music Information Coordinator
You do not need to address each criterion individually. See how to apply (below)
● A degree in music or an equivalent third-level music qualification
● A proven ability in high level IT skills, including experience of data entry
● Familiarity with the use of online content management systems and web publishing
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● A sound knowledge and interest in Contemporary music, Experimental music and Sound Art from Ireland
● An ability to work both within a team and on your own initiative
● A proven ability in working to deadlines to deliver agreed targets
● Excellent attention to detail and the ability to creatively problem solve
● Very strong written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate to CMC’s core clients of composers, performers, students, arts organisations, third level music departments and the general public
● A third level library and information systems qualification
● Experience or interest in programming and in developing web applications
● Experience in day to day running of a specialist or public library
● A thorough knowledge of the music library sector in Ireland
● An appreciation of the arts in Ireland and CMC’s role in the development of audiences for Contemporary music from Ireland
● A proven ability in the development of cultural heritage projects and digital archiving
How to apply
Your application must be a single PDF that includes:
1. A recent C.V., including the names and contact details of two referees
2. A letter of application which clearly outlines your interest in and suitability for the position, based on the selection criterion above.
Email your application (single pdf with your name in the file name) to CMC Director, Evonne Ferguson - email@example.com with "Music Information Coordinator" in the subject heading.
Applications for this position will close at 5pm on Monday 28th of August 2023.
Interviews will take place in person in CMC, 19 Fishamble Street, Dublin 8 on the week beginning 18th of September 2023.
It is hoped the successful candidate will commence this position in late September/early October 2023.
For any queries relating to this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org