Minding Creative Minds
In a first of its kind for Ireland’s creative sector, Minding Creative Minds (MCM) is a free 24/7 wellbeing support programme for the Irish Music Sector, delivered by Spectrum Life.
This initial phase of Minding Creative Minds, a free 24/7 Wellbeing and support programme will go live to musicians, songwriters, artist managers & event production crew. MCM is a Mental Wellbeing Support
Programme and will include access to the following Wellbeing services.
- 24/7 Dedicated Phone Line (Phone 1800 814 244) (Calling from NI - 0800 0903677)
- Counselling Service (Short term intervention / Up to 6 Sessions)
- Telephone Counselling
- Secure Video Counselling
- Extensive Web Portal & App enabling live chat function with a counsellor
In addition to the mental health support system offered, Minding Creative Minds wishes to look at the whole individual resulting in the programme also offering access to a number of additional services
structured to help users with various issues they may face such as:
- Advice on practical, day-to-day issues that cause anxiety and stress
- Legal Assistance for a range of issues
- Financial Assistance & Consumer Advice
- Career Guidance & Life Coaching
- Support for Non-Irish Nationals & their families
- Mediation for conflict resolution
Originally it was intended to launch the Minding Creative Minds 24/7 Mental Wellbeing programme later this summer. However, in our response to the Covid-19 Pandemic we have adjusted the launch date
forward to June 2nd as the current pandemic is having a devastating impact on the music sector. Live work was decimated and as such income for many independent artists and their crews stopped without notice.
This programme is open to musicians, songwriters, artist managers, event production crew in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Please see attached pdf alsomcm_press_release_launch_june_3_final.docx