The International Alliance for Women in Music announces its Call for Scores
The International Alliance for Women in Music announces its Call for Scores for the 2018 Annual Concert hosted by the Dept. of Music at Trinity College Dublin in partnership with the TCD Composition Centre, Association of Irish Composers and the Contemporary Music Centre of Ireland.
The concert will take place on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 7:30pm at Trinity Chapel at Trinity College Dublin and will feature:
Mezzo-soprano Michelle O’Rourke (http://michelleorourke.ie/)
Contemporary music ensemble, Kirkos (http://ensemble.ie/kirkos/)
Questions may be addressed to Dr Jenn Kirby at email@example.com. "As an Irish composer, I am very excited about bringing the International Alliance of Women in Music's Annual Concert to Ireland this year. There have been many positive movements in Ireland in recent years surrounding gender balance in the arts. Hosting the concert in Ireland this year demonstrates our commitment to supporting gender balance on an international scale. Performing the works of living women composers selected through a competitive call for scores is a wonderful way to celebrate that." - Dr Jenn Kirby, Annual Concert Chair, International Alliance of Women in Music.
Fee:None to enter
Open To:Current IAWM Members
• Current membership in IAWM is required for submission. To join IAWM or renew your membership, please visit our website at www.iawm.org
• This call for scores is open to all composers who identify as women.
• Each member may submit a maximum of 2 works for consideration.
• Works submitted should have a maximum duration of 10 minutes, with no minimum length.
• Works should be for one to three performers from the following list: mezzo-soprano, flute, violin, cello and piano, with optional electronics.
• If selected, composers must attend the dress rehearsal scheduled on Friday 26th Oct and the concert on Sat 27th Oct. Unfortunately, the IAWM is not able to provide travel stipends.
• Upon notification of acceptance, all performance materials must be immediately available and free of charge.
• By submitting to this competition, composers selected agree to have their works presented in the concert and recorded for use on the IAWM website and the Dept. of Music at Trinity College Dublin. All composers will be provided with a recording of the concert for their use.
• Submissions must be anonymous.
How to submit
All composers must submit their works electronically through NewMusicEngine.org.
If you do not already have a NewMusicEngine account, you will be required to create one.
You MUST submit a .pdf file of the score and an .mp3 sound file of the work. If a recording of a performance/reading is not available, .mp3 files of MIDI realizations are acceptable.
Our selection process is anonymous. The score may not contain any identifying information (no name, publisher, or dates, please). Please make sure no identifying data or metadata is attached to the sound files, other than the title of the piece. The name and information of the composer (author) submitted in the registration process will be shielded from judges and revealed only after final selections have been made.
Please submit bio, program notes, and any performance notes with your work(s).
Selection will be announced on 15th July 2018.
In the unlikely event that there is not sufficient participation to ensure a large enough pool of entries, the concert committee reserves the right to cancel the competition.