Hard Rain SoloistEnsemble PRSf Commissioning Scheme
As this is a PRSF (UK) funded initiative composers in ROI are not eligible
Who do we want to Commission?
HRSE is offering 3 small commissions, with funds from PRSF’s Talent Development Partnership, to emerging composers from NI. We define emerging composers as composers without a large track record of professional performances of their works and for whom one these small commissions, and its subsequent performance, would make a difference in terms of helping kick-start their career.
The panel’s assessment of applicant’s suitability for the scheme will be taken into consideration when awarding the commission, as well as the quality of the proposal.
The panel’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
• Composers previously commissioned by HRSE are not eligible this year.
• Composers may still be studying, though we would normally expect that they would be at least in their 3rd year as undergraduates.
• Composers are eligible regardless of age though we remind prospective applicants this initiative is aimed at non-professionals and early career composers.
• As this is a PRSF (UK) funded initiative composers in ROI are not eligible.
• The commissions are aimed at composers born or domicile in Northern Ireland. Proof of domicility (utility bill with address) or birth certificate will be required to qualify for the initiative. This will be requested from successful applicants.
• It is envisaged that commissioned pieces will be no longer than 6 mins. max.
HRSE particularly welcomes proposals from women composers.
What do we want you to write?
HRSE is looking for duo or trio pieces written for any combination of the following instruments, but excluding piano:
• Flute (doubling pic or alto)
• Bb Clarinet (doubling bass cl)
How do you apply?
If you are interested in this initiative please send the materials listed below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• a 250 word proposal (What piece would you like to write? For what instruments? Why should we commission this work?)
• a short biography
• a recent example of your music (in PDF format). You may include a recording of the piece if you want
Deadline for the submission of proposals is 12 noon Fri 1st May 2020.
Applicants will be informed by Fri 29th May 2020
The successful composers must be able to deliver the work before Fri 25th Sept 2020