Finding a Voice Concert Series 2020 - Composition Competition for Emerging Women Composers in Ireland
Finding a Voice is delighted to announce details of its third composition competition for emerging Irish women composers as part of the 2020 concert series, which will take place in Clonmel from 6 th -8 th March 2020.
The winning piece for either pedal or Irish lever harp will be performed in a lunchtime concert on International Women’s Day 8 th March 2020 by renowned composer and harpist Dr Anne-Marie O’Farrell. The programme will also include works by Gráinne Mulvey, Ailís Ní Riain and Caroline Lizotte.
This year, with the generous support of the Contemporary Music Centre, the composition competition will include a composition workshop and mentoring programme by performer Anne-Marie O’Farrell. This offers a unique opportunity for professional development for both winning and shortlisted composers.
From the initial submissions, up to five composers will be chosen for a workshop with Anne-Marie O’Farrell at the Contemporary Music Centre, Dublin in the week of 9 th December 2019 (date and time tbc). Following the workshop, the winning composer will be selected to continue working on their piece, under the mentorship of Anne-Marie O’Farrell.
What we ask of applicants:
- Be an emerging woman or female identifying composer
- Be born in or currently resident in the island of Ireland
Application process – please include the following:
- One piece which is reflective of your work which will be used for the adjudication process. Send your score as a PDF, with an MP3 or electronic mock-up if you have one
- A short statement (max. 200 words) outlining your ideas for a composition for either pedal or Irish harp and explaining what you would get from the process
- Your name, contact details and an up-to-date CV
Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org