The Expanded Instruments Project - Call For Proposals
Quiet Music Ensemble invites proposals from artists in any discipline for new works that focus on the idea of expanding or altering the capabilities of musical instruments through physical or electronic means. On the basis of these proposals, two artists will be selected to collaborate closely with QME on their works, and will also take part in a workshop on instrument hacking with renowned Sound Artist Mick O’Shea. The artists’ works will be publicly workshopped with the celebrated composer/installation artist Marianthi Papalexandri-Alexandri, and premiered at two special events in Dublin and another city in Ireland.
How to Submit Your Proposal
Please submit: - an outline of your idea, explaining both the technical and artistic bases for it (c. 1,500 words). - a description of the anticipated method of completion. - a CV or bio. - a short passage outlining how you feel your prior experience and/or aesthetic suits the project. - a short passage outlining how you feel your proposed idea suits QME’s aesthetic. - a URL pointing to your portfolio of work, as described below.
The above should be collated into a single pdf document and emailed before 5pm, 1st September 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, please supply up to three examples of your previous work, especially those that have some relationship to the proposed idea. Please use the following formats:
- audio recordings should be supplied as .wav, .aiff or .mp3 only
- videos only in .mp4, quicktime, Windows Media Player formats
- visual art: please supply a pdf document with photographs and, optionally, text
- Computer programmes: should run without the installation of additional software on Mac OS X (Yosemite).
- other materials as appropriate. Upload these materials to a cloud service such as Dropbox and supply a URL pointing to the location in your proposal (as described above).
For more information please see attached doc: qme_expanded_instruments_call_for_works_1.pdf