CMC Vacancy - Library Coordinator (f/t 1 year contract)
CMC is seeking a Library Coordinator to commence in October 2021.
Reporting to the CMC Director, this position is full time for a fixed-term period of 12 months. The salary offered is commensurate with equivalent positions in the arts sector and will also depend on the experience of the successful candidate. Salary is available on request. The Library Coordinator will be required to work at the Centre’s base, 19 Fishamble Street, Dublin up to three days per week, with the capacity for remote working for the remainder of the working week.
The Library Coordinator is a key position within CMC, and is responsible for the cataloguing and maintenance of CMC’s specialist collection of contemporary music from Ireland and provides support to composers represented by CMC, composers on the CMC emerging composers programme, and members of the public using the Centre's library and CMC’s online audiences.
Library Coordinator Duties
- Cataloguing and maintaining the Centre’s unique collection of twentieth and twenty-first century art music from Ireland, including researching and inputting information into the library databases.
- Providing support to and liaising with composers represented by CMC in relation to scores, recordings and materials related to their works
- Providing support and research assistance to members of the public both in person and through CMC’s online library and archive services.
- Liaising with performers, conductors, music organisations and other key client groups in relation to the work of the Centre.
- Assisting in the development of the library/sound archive collection by researching and acquisition of new materials, including scores, recordings, events, radio broadcasts, concert programmes, images, articles, theses, digital objects and ephemera.
- Collaborating with CMC staff colleagues in the delivery of online features which promote CMC’s unique collection
- Assisting in the management of the Centre’s digitisation services
- Assisting the Production Co-ordinator and Office Administrator in the provision of the centre’s score copying and production services
- Supervising any library interns, student placements in the library, and CMC’s Scholar in Residence programme
- Participating as required in the day-to-day work of the Centre
You do not need to address each criterion individually. See how to apply (see below)
- A degree in music or an equivalent third-level music qualification
- A proven ability in high level IT skills, including experience of data entry
- Familiarity with the use of online content management systems and web publishing
- Good interpersonal skills
- A sound knowledge and interest in contemporary music from Ireland
- An ability to work both within a team and on your own initiative
- A proven ability in working to deadlines to deliver agreed targets
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate to CMC’s core clients of composers, performers, students,arts organisations, third level music departments and the general public
- A third level library and information systems qualification
- Experience in day to day running of a specialist or public library
- A thorough knowledge of the music library sector in Ireland
- An appreciation of the arts in Ireland and CMC’s role in the development of audiences for contemporary music from Ireland
- A proven ability in the development of cultural heritage projects and digital archiving
- An ability to rapidly respond to situations as they may arise within the organisation for the greater good.
How to apply
Your application must be a single PDF that includes:
- A recent C.V, including the names and contact details of two referees
- A letter of application outlining your interest in and suitability for the position, based on the selection criterion
Email your application (single pdf with your name in the file name) to CMC Director, Evonne Ferguson - email@example.com with Library Coordinator in the subject heading.
Applications for this position will close at 5pm on Monday, 13 September 2021.
Interviews will take place in person in CMC (restrictions permitting) on the week beginning 27 September 2021.
It is hoped the successful candidate will commence this position in early October 2021.
For any queries relating to this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Contemporary Music Centre (CMC) is Ireland's resource centre for new music, documenting, developing and promoting the work of composers and performers of contemporary music throughout the island of Ireland and abroad.
The Centre is used, nationally and internationally, by performers, composers, promoters and members of the public interested in finding out more about music in Ireland. Its library and sound archive, open to the public free of charge, contain the only comprehensive collection in existence of music by Irish composers. Extensive reference and advice services are available and the Centre's web site provides access to CMC's resources for those who cannot visit in person. CMC is a member of the International Association of Music Information Centres (IAMIC).
The Contemporary Music Centre is committed to equal opportunity and encourages applications from all sections of the community. All applicants will receive equal opportunity irrespective of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or membership of the traveller community.