CMC Vacancy : Communications and Marketing Coordinator (p/t 1 year contract)
CMC is seeking to appoint an experienced part-time Communications and Marketing Coordinator to commence in November 2021. Reporting to the CMC Director, this position will be offered initially as a 12-month fixed term contract of 25 hours per week.
This is an exciting opportunity for a team player to contribute towards the further growth and development of audiences for contemporary music from Ireland and the promotion of composers from Ireland by sharing information about CMC’s work. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will work with the CMC team to devise and implement a communications and marketing strategy to support the many different strands of work and projects which CMC is engaged in.
Using social media platforms as well as traditional forms of communication, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator will help deliver and craft engaging content for a variety of channels and audiences with the aim of expanding the reach and coverage of CMC’s content, core services, events, partnerships, podcast, projects, resources and unique collection.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator, passionate about using digital content to increase audience engagement with the music that CMC represents, and have a high level of digital content creation skills.
● Tell the story of CMC’s work - CMC’s collection, curated content, events, partnerships, podcast, projects and resources - through CMC’s social media channels, and email newsletters
● Tell the story of the vibrant and diverse contemporary music scene in Ireland and composers from Ireland through CMC’s social media channels and website
● Devise innovative campaigns to promote CMC’s podcast, ‘amplify’, and other onlinecontent produced for its website
● Devise innovative campaigns to promote CMC’s national and international events partnerships and projects
● Contribute to the news section of the website by writing regular news items on CMC’s activities, and notable news from the new music community
● Use digital marketing techniques to increase and diversify audiences for CMC’s collection, events, podcast, projects and online content
● Develop CMC’s email newsletters with a view to providing timely updates and relevant information on new music for a range of CMC’s client groups
● Supervise the production and distribution of all printed materials for CMC, and place and monitor all media advertising
You do not need to address each criterion individually. See how to apply (see below)
● Relevant professional experience working on communications and marketing campaigns
● Excellent understanding of social media
● Good copywriting skills and ability to write clearly and concisely
● Knowledge of music, and interest in the arts and culture in Ireland & internationally
● Proven track record in working collaboratively within a team
● The ability to juggle multiple communications and marketing campaigns to deadlines
● Experience of creating digital content in a professional context
● Experience in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
● A willingness to work flexibly and independently
● Highly motivated and self-confident
Salary is available on request and is commensurate with other positions of this nature in the arts sector. The Centre is located in Dublin city centre; this job may be performed onsite or through hybrid working arrangements. The Contemporary Music Centre is committed to equal opportunity and encourages applications from all sections of the community. All applicants will receive equal opportunity irrespective of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or membership of the traveller community
How to apply
Your application must be a single PDF that includes:
● A recent C.V, including the names and contact details of two referees
● A letter of application outlining your interest in and suitability for the position, based on the selection criterion.
Email your application (single pdf with your name in the file name) to CMC Director, Evonne Ferguson - email@example.com with Communications and Marketing Coordinator in the subject heading.
Applications for this position will close on Friday the 5th Nov 2021 at 5pm.
Interviews will take place [in CMC/online] during the week of the 8th November 2021.
It is hoped the successful candidate will commence this position in Mid November 2021.
For any queries relating to this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Contemporary Music Centre (CMC) is Ireland's resource centre for new music, documenting, developing and promoting the work of composers and performers of contemporary music throughout the island of Ireland and abroad. The Centre is used, nationally and internationally, by performers, composers, promoters and members of the public interested in finding out more about music in Ireland. Its library and
sound archive, open to the public, contain the only comprehensive collection in existence of music by composers from Ireland. CMC presents a regular programme of audience development events and performances (in-person/online both in Ireland and internationally); produces the only dedicated podcast on composers and contemporary music from Ireland (amplify), and produces engaging online content aimed at promoting and documenting the work of artists working in new music in Ireland. It also partners with leading music and arts organisations nationally and internationally to nurture the creation and performance of new
music; delivers a programme of professional development initiatives and residencies for those active in new music in Ireland, and advocates for the development of the artform and the new music sector.