Chamber Choir Ireland and the Contemporary Music Centre announce Choral Sketches 2017/ 2018 with composer Tarik O’ Regan.
Chamber Choir Ireland and the Contemporary Music Centre announce Choral Sketches 2017/ 2018 with composer Tarik O’Regan.
Chamber Choir Ireland is the country’s flagship choral ensemble and national chamber choir under the internationally celebrated and multi-award-winning conductor Paul Hillier as Artistic Director. The Contemporary Music Centre is Ireland’s resource organisation for contemporary music, documenting, developing and promoting new music from Ireland at home and abroad.
Following the success of the inaugural Choral Sketches project in February 2017, Chamber Choir Ireland and CMC will renew their partnership in 2017/2018, to present this unique professional development opportunity for composers who wish to develop their skills in writing choral music with mentoring from renowned composer Tarik O’Regan. The purpose of the Choral Sketches initiative is to provide a creative and open environment for composers to deepen their experience in writing for voices in a choral context. The project is open to composers registered with the Contemporary Music Centre. Through Chamber Choir Ireland’s membership of TENSO – the network of professional chamber choirs in Europe, one international composer will participate in the programme, nominated and supported by TENSO.
What happens in the Choral Sketches project?
• A maximum of four composers will be selected to take part in the workshop from a submissions process from an anonymous submission process.
• The selected composers will receive online mentoring from Tarik O’Regan at intervals from November 2017 – January 2018 leading to the development of a series of compositional sketches for a new choral work.
• These sketches will be the focus of a public workshop led by Tarik O’Regan, with Chamber Choir Ireland and guest conductor Nils Schweckendiek on Saturday January 20th 2018, in Dublin.
• Each composer shall be allocated c.40 minutes to workshop their choral sketches with input from Tarik O’ Regan, Nils Schweckendiek and the singers.
• Chamber Choir Ireland will make provision to present performance readings of the final works from the Choral Sketches project in Autumn 2018.
Would you like to apply for the Choral Sketches project?
Chamber Choir Ireland and the Contemporary Music Centre are now seeking expressions of interest in this initiative. In order to make a submission, composers must submit the following by email to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 13 October 2017 (please put Choral Sketches in the subject heading).
More info see attached pdf choral_sketches_2018_.pdf