Call for CMC composer representation
Deadline: 1 February 2017 17:00
CMC invites composers who wish to be represented by CMC to submit an application before the 1st February 2017.
Who is eligible for representation?
Any composer working in the area of contemporary art music at a professional level who was born or is permanently domiciled in Ireland may apply to the Contemporary Music Centre for representation.
Benefits upon acceptance are those of a publisher, namely:
- Documentation and dissemination of the composer's work through the library collection and sound archive;
- Active on-line promotion through CMC's extensive web site, www.cmc.ie
- Low-cost copying and international distribution of professionally-presented scores and recordings;
- Active promotional support in relation to national and international performances, commissions and other opportunities;
- Access to CMC composer schemes such as archival recording, composer talks, CMC projects, etc;
- Access to a special Composers section of the CMC web site and to composer eshots providing information on professional opportunities, etc.
- Career support and consultancy services.
- Thanks to funding from the Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland all composer services (with the exception of the copying and distribution of scores and recordings) are currently free of charge.
Full details of how to apply for representation can be found on the composer resources section of our website or further information can be obtained by contacting email@example.com